TYPHABOARD and Ecology
- Water purification (Phosphates and nitrates) through the typha plant´s regular biological function
- Sustainable cultivation and marsh areas management
- Climate protection – CO2 binding effect
- Typha is harvested annually; timber is harvested typically once every 20 years. Thus the typha harvest volume per hectar is clearly higher than the timber harvest volume per hectar.
- Very desirable Cradle-to-Cradle characteristics
- Cost efficient production methods are allowing for remarkable price reductions of essential building components
- Potential for production in large regions in Europe – for example the Italian Padan plain